Wednesday, September 24, 2008

life, friends and what not

After procrastinating for over a week, I figured I needed to start writing, even though I can't think of much. I really miss all you guys and not talking everyday makes me sad. So when I saw that Ang was going to visit Renee, I was wondering if that invitation is open to others? I would love to see you guys and think it would be a blast. But, of course I would stay at a local hotel lol. Just kind of thinking outloud I guess.
I got my haircut today, new hairdresser again, which I believe makes it number 4 this year. And, she did a fantastic job!! I am so glad coz she is only a 5 minute drive and it is a new place that just opened.
Did anyone watch Monday night football? Come on Cathe, you didn't think I wasn't going to mention it did you? We kicked butt and despite all our injuries, we looked good. Aside from Favre, who threw a few interceptions and got sacked pretty hard, the Jets really suck. The Chargers got their first penalty with 19 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, and the announcers jokingly said, that this penalty won't take the win away from us. They also said we played like a 3-0 team, not a 1-2 team, so I am getting excited again. Since the Padres have the second worst record in baseball this year, I haven't watched a game since June, which is so heartbreaking.
Bill got back safe and sound from Atlanta, and said I would have been really bored if I had gone with him. They were downtown, without a shopping place in sight, but lots of homeless and sirens blaring constantly.
I have been trying really hard to lose 5 pounds but nothing is happening. Everybody says that when you hit 40, the metabolism slows down. Since I am 48, I figured I got lucky since I don't really watch what I eat. And then bam, I gained over 5 pounds this winter and it won't move. I started running, lifting weights, etc.. and still nothing. I guess I need to work out daily, and when I get motivated, I will. I have about 10 1/2 weeks til we leave for Cancun, so I better get motivated soon.
Since I feel like I am rambling, I will stop. But, I really miss you guys alot!!

5 comments:

Loopy said...

The only sure way to loose those 5 pounds is to stop eating, other then that there is only diet and excercise which is no fun at all.

Ang said...

Lynne- how often are you working out? you gotta stick with it on a routine, not just when you feel like it! It's hard, but if you're committed, you can do it!! Good luck!

Dawn said...

Welcome to the world of blogging Lynne!!!! I enjoyed your post, and I agree with you...the Jets suck. Always have and always will. :-)

Lynne said...

I have started working out everyday and I am very determined to succeed. I am even starting to get a sculpted upper arm and am almost impressed.
My problem is snacking in the evenings, which has always been my downfall.
I know what I need to do, and will lose the weight by December.

BB Live Updates said...

Yay!!! You are blogging!!! Keep it up! I am finding that I really like it. Who knew???? ;)

As for the weight loss thing.... I have finally just decided to be happy with me and feel much better about it. I have put on 10 lbs atleast since moving back to Missouri... the food here is not condusive to weight loss, lol. I am okay with it. Will try and walk more, but am not gonna stress over it. I hope you can do the same, make a few adjustments if need be, but dont let it run your life. Enjoy it, it passes by to quickly!
Glad you are blogging!!!!!